TSPS Seminar - September 28, 2013
Participating in the Future of Surveying (Utilizing the 3-D GSDM)
Discussion Lead by: Earl F. Burkholder, PS, PE, F.ASCE
Web site for Seminar Information and Registration
For pdf copy of presentation slides click here.
A. Options for organizing Session:
- - - 1. Standard outline for lecture mode click here
- - - 2. Proposed discussion outline outlining 3-D challenges click here
- - - 3. Discussion outline built on feedback from attendees. Email suggestions/questions to:
B. Resource materials (homework) for the seminar includes:
- - - 1. Modern Surveying, 3-D, and the Global Spatial Data Model (GSDM) click here
- - - 2. Future of Surveying written for Western Federation Professional Surveyors click here
- - - 3. Comparison of a Low Distortion Projection with the GSDM click here
- - - 4. Power point slides for Technology Forum discussion at NMPS 2012 Annual Meeting click here
- - - 5. Surveying Body of Knowledge summary document by Josh Greenfeld. click here
The complete document is published in the September/December 2011 issue of SALIS.
- - - 6. List of ABET accredited Surveying (or Geomatics) Programs
- - - 7. Spreadsheet programs for BK computations click here
- - - 8. Comparison of Arc and Chord on surface of earth click here.
C. Problems and Exercises - See the 3-D GSDM Diagram click here
- - - 1. Geodesy equations - simple - click here. More comprehensive click here
- - - 2. Exercises for ellipsoids - figure of the earth problems click here
- - - 3. Exercises for BK1 and BK2 - converting X/Y/Z to latitude/longtitude/heigth and back click here
- - - 4. Exercises for BK3 and BK4 - Geocentric coordinates and differences click here
- - - 5. Exercises for BK5 and BK6 - Geoid modeling for elevations, link to be added later.
- - - 6. Exercises for BK7 - Curvature and refraction, link to be added later.
- - - 7. Exercises for BK8 and BK9 - Use of rotation matrices for coordinate differences click here
- - - 8. Exercises for BK10 and BK11 - State plane coordinates and latitude/longitude, link to be added later.
- - - 9. Exercises for BK12 and BK13 - P.O.B. Datum coordinates and total station reductions, link to be added later.
- - - 10. Exercises for BK14 and BK15 - Low Distortion Projection transformations, link to be added later.
- - - 11. Exercises for BK16 - Trig height leveling, link to be added later
- - - 12. Exercises for BK17 - using LDP plane coordinates, link to be added later.
(Return to top of page)
(Return to Main Menu)
© 1997-2015 by
Global COGO, Inc
BURKORD® is a registered trademark of Global COGO, Inc.